Want to join an organization full of creative, innovative individuals? One that helps inventors and companies bring new ideas to reality? Oceanic Zoo is growing. Are you the next member of our team?
The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about startups and technology. We are a growing global agency that fosters a fun and creative environment, but the work is fast paced and we need an applicant that can deliver stunning results under demanding deadlines.
The product designer will perform a variety of tasks that are necessary to bring an idea that starts as a sketch to life. The product designer’s primary role will be to help define a product’s features and functions as well as building functional prototypes for test and evaluation. The ideal candidate will bring a diverse background and proven capability in a variety of fields and industries. In addition to someone who is highly creative, has an eye for detail, and a passion for design, we are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Excellent proven and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly through sketches and present in client meetings.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team is essential
- History of designing products and components that are produced in volume
- Understanding of the constraints and benefits of injection molding, fabrication, sheet metal
- A degree in Engineering, Industrial design or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience with Solidworks
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a relevant field and a US working visa are required
- Comfortable in a machine shop and prototype lab with proven hands-on experience building functional and aesthetic prototypes
- Enjoys the fun and pressure of being on a small team working multiple projects simultaneously
- A working knowledge of electronics and programming a plus
This position is located in Yerevan, Armenia