Amazon is one of the most moving-forward companies of our world. This is why you too should keep pace with the constantly changing world and adapt your actions accordingly.
Do you know the reason for Amazon’s success? Amazon always knows what is right and what is wrong. This is why Amazon perfectly identifies the products that can be sold literally by anyone, and the ones that need special permission: Amazon knows that much depends on the products!
You may think that the list of Amazon gated categories is relatively short and includes only products like alcohol, cosmetics, electronics and drugs…. But let us tell you the truth, there are many products that you wouldn’t think of!
Here’s the list of Gated/Restricted Products of Amazon:
- Animals & Animal-Related Products
- Art – Fine Art
- Art – Home Decor
- Automotive and Powersports
- Composite Wood Products
- Cosmetics & Skin/Hair Care
- CPAP Cleaning and Disinfecting Devices
- Currency, Coins, Cash Equivalents, and Gift Cards
- Dietary Supplements
- Drugs & drug paraphernalia
- Explosives, Weapons, and Related Items
- Export Controls
- Food & Beverage
- Gambling & Lottery
- Hazardous and Dangerous Items
- Human Parts & Burial Artifacts
- Jewelry & Precious Gems
- Laser products
- Lock Picking & Theft Devices
- Medical devices and accessories
- Offensive and Controversial Materials
- Other Restricted Products
- Pesticides and Pesticide Devices
- Plant and Seed Products
- Postage meters and stamps
- Recalled Products
- Recycling electronics
- Refrigerants: Ozone-Depleting Substances and Substitutes
- Subscriptions and Periodicals
- Surveillance Equipment
- Tobacco & Tobacco-Related Products
- Warranties, Service Plans, Contracts, and Guarantees
- Upholstered Furniture, Bedding, & Other Quilted Products
How to Ungate Gated Product
There are few steps you should take in order to ungate restricted categories, and the first one is to be a professional Amazon seller. This is what you’ll get for $39.99:
- You sell more than 40 units a month
- You want to advertise your products
- You want to qualify for top placement on product detail pages
- You want to use advanced selling tools, like APIs and reports
- You want to sell products in restricted categories
Choose the Products
Choose the products that you are ready to sell. Before that, do a thorough research and make sure you made the right decision. Just select “Select Product” for this!
File the Application
Nothing is possible without filing an application when it comes to ungating products. If you already chose and selected the products that you’re ready to sell, click on the link (Listing Limitations May Apply) that shows up and file the “approval application.”
What You Need to Do That
Usually, Amazon requires invoices and images of the products you are going to sell. Before actually filing the application, make sure you check the information you provide, and the invoices that need to be sent.
If there are any discrepancies in the documents you’re going to send, or if the invoices are not from reliable suppliers you’d better not request an approval now. Make sure everything’s perfect in order to avoid getting rejected.
What Will Happen If I Sell Without Approval?
Amazon will take actions against you. Here, we will just quote Amazon, and you will understand your life after selling certain products without proper approval:
If you supply a product in violation of the law or any of Amazon’s policies, including those listed on the Restricted Products pages, we will take corrective actions, as appropriate, including but not limited to immediately suspending or terminating selling privileges, destroying inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement, returning inventory, terminating the business relationship, and permanent withholding of payments. The sale of illegal or unsafe products can also lead to legal action, including civil and criminal penalties.
If you still have questions on how to get ungated on Amazon, contact us at Oceanic Zoo! We’re always available, 24/7, so you won’t have to wait!